NIGHT 1 – FRIED RICE
SO QUICK AND EASY AND SIMPLE
Now usually I would keep this one for after I did the pork bowls so I could make way too much rice and use it for this. However hubby and the kids requested this for night 1.
- 1 large Carrot (diced)
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 eggs
- Half a large chicken breast (diced)
- 1 cup of rice (uncooked) day old is better but new works fine.
- 2 cups would have been better and we had lots of leftovers for leftovers night.
Home items used:
- Garlic minced or garlic powder (optional)
- Soy sauce (I used GF soy sauce)
- Salt and pepper if needed.
I pre-chopped the onions and carrot, cooked the onions and garlic, and browned the chicken, while the rice cooked. Then I added all the veggies, rice and additional oil. Stir fry on high heat until browned. Lowered heat to medium.
I added in my whisked eggs. Cook and combine with the rice mixture slowly.
Once that was done I added a good splash of soy sauce for salt and color.
One basic Fried Rice! I ended up with 4 large serves for my family of four plus a little for the baby and enough for a second bowl for hubby or Mr 8.